Pilot Episode: The Catalyst Roadmap
Life is made of teeny catalytic moments of immense impact. When strung together, the transformation is magical. I am your host, Dr. Lara Salyer, Functional Medicine Practitioner, Mentor, Keynote Speaker, and Author of memoir Right Brain Rescue.
In this episode of The Catalyst, I share the foundations of the “Catalyst Roadmap,” which is what I use when mentoring holistic practitioners.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Catalyst for an introduction to the podcast. Learn more about each step of the “Catalyst Roadmap” and how to apply this framework to your own life.
About The Catalyst Host, Dr. Lara Salyer:
I worked as a family physician for 15 years until burnout changed the trajectory of my career. I realized I wanted to start a holistic functional medicine practice in my rural hometown and made it happen. In addition to practicing functional medicine, I now mentor practitioners who are looking to change their paths in healthcare by using what I refer to as the “Catalyst Roadmap”. I share each step of this framework with listeners so that they may apply it to their careers, relationships, personal goals, and projects.
In This Episode I'm Talking About:
- How my career led me to burnout
- Why creativity is key
- What’s holding people back and how to overcome it
- Ways to exponentially change your practice
- “Life is made of teeny catalytic moments of immense impact. When strung together, the transformation is magical. Join us and let’s color outside the lines.” (00:30-00:40)
- “I joined this amazing, legendary league of healthcare practitioners thinking that I would love my career as a rural family doctor. And I did to a point, but the landscape of medicine changed underfoot and I found myself pretty young, 15 years into my career, in a foreign land where I felt like I had no idea where I was. And that was burnout. I felt devalued, depersonalized, and like I was running on this treadmill without any end in sight.” (1:39-2:14)
- “All of us are creative. All of us are creating our destiny day by day, moment by moment. That’s the whole purpose of this podcast is sequencing together these tiny little impactful moments that catalyze a brilliant technicolor future. Inside of us are artists, musicians, and writers, and just like every creative person, we have an idea. We have a vision and we need to learn how to make that vision a reality, painting our masterpiece of work, life, beauty. That’s what mentorship is for me. It’s making this flow channeled creativity-driven practice for healthcare practitioners across the world. Make it as easy as child’s play.” (3:00-3:45)
- “You don’t have to have it all figured out yet. If you anchor into your core values, into your somatic embodiment, and you’re aware, you can start painting onto that canvas. You can start sequencing those steps. As you keep redirecting and filtering your experience through your body and your intuitive awareness and your vision, you can pivot when needed. You can find the next steps that fit in your alignment.” (5:14-5:41)
- “Think of what will help you feel the safest and most secure first because you don’t have to have all those tools right away. Getting that bare minimum security locked in place invites the creative spirit, the divergent thought patterns to come forward, and you’ll start coming up with ideas you never even knew you had.” (12:34-13:03)
- “When you feel that pull to work harder, you need to be now asking yourself ‘Am I the bottleneck? Should I be asking who, not how to solve this problem?’ You might need to set aside time to find ways to increase with numbers: hiring an assistant, adding group visits, looking at a membership platform. That might be the one step you can take that will exponentially change how you can practice.” (19:53-20:23)
Links for this Episode:
Thank You For Listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review! Your positive review helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility.
Learn how health coaches can work in conjunction with practitioners and could improve the outcome of your health.
As an experienced professor and healthcare entrepreneur, Professor Yousefi designed a program called Mesh AI to improve the healthcare field by automating scheduling.