Episode 6: Quick Interactive Core Value Exercise to Unlock Lightning Fast Decision Making
“It’s anticipated that your core values should change because you’re growing and your life is not stagnant,” explains host, Dr. Lara Salyer. In this week’s episode of The Catalyst, Dr. Salyer guides listeners through an interactive core value exercise.
Burnout and core values are inextricably linked. When your core values are misaligned and you lose sight of your purpose, you risk burnout. It’s important to review your core values periodically, because they will change over time. By doing the simple exercise laid out by Dr. Salyer, you can get a quick look at where you stand on ten domains of life including parenting, intimate relationships, and health.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Catalyst for a conversation with host Dr. Lara Salyer about the link between core values and burnout. Follow along with an interactive exercise to quickly discover your core values.
About The Catalyst Host, Dr. Lara Salyer:
I worked as a family physician for 15 years until burnout changed the trajectory of my career. I realized I wanted to start a holistic functional medicine practice in my rural hometown and made it happen. In addition to practicing functional medicine, I now mentor practitioners who are looking to change their paths in healthcare by using what I refer to as the “Catalyst Roadmap”. I share each step of this framework with listeners so that they may apply it to their careers, relationships, personal goals, and projects.
In This Episode I'm Talking About:
- Non-judgement core values exercise
- A personal example of how our core values change and why it’s okay!
- The 10 categories you should focus on to feel fulfilled
- “Burnout is that misalignment of our core values. When we lose our mission and our purpose…that is the driver of burnout.” (1:53-2:04)
- “It’s anticipated that your core values should change because you’re growing and your life is not stagnant. It’s part of the Catalyst Roadmap. As you imagine your core values, your ideal life, then you’ll find those tools to make things happen. You’ll streamline your day, your systems, and amplify your reach with the right communication tools, the right partners in your life. And then you’re able to parade proudly your mission and purpose.” (2:25-2:54)
- “Core values come in all shapes and sizes. They’re all just words that describe what lights your fire at that time.” (4:35-4:41)
Links for this Episode:
Connect with Dr. Lara Salyer:
Catalyst Kit: https://rightbrainrescue.com/p/catalyst_kit
Thank You For Listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review! Your positive review helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility.